Above and Beyond
Churches and charities run well for the glory of God.
Tuesday, 20 February 2018 9.30am-4pm
St Mary’s London, W1H 1PQ
Hosted by the Evangelical Alliance
Do not miss this opportunity to connect with the latest thinking and leading experts on good governance, legal matters and charity regulations. This one-day conference is perfect for anyone involved in church or charity leadership or governance, ensuring you have all you need to run your church or charity well.
Complying to the ever-changing, vast array of guidelines, legal requirements and best practice recommendations can seem overwhelming and almost impossible.
Above and Beyond will help you make sense of what’s required and provide you with the knowledge to run your church or charity with diligence and integrity.
This is your one-stop shop with direct access to real people with helpful advice. In one room you will have access to top legal minds and leading authorities on fundraising, safeguarding, data protection, employment law, the Charity Commission and more.
We want you to able to go above and beyond what is required and lead excellent organisations.
- Fiona Bruce MP, MP for Congleton and founder of Fiona Bruce & Co LLP
- Paul Martin, author of Faith, Hope and Charity and partner at Wellers Law Group
- John Kirkby, founder and international director of Christians Against Poverty
Breakout sessions led by:
- Stephanie Biden, partner and joint head of faith based organisations at Bates, Wells and Braithwaite
- Andi Russell, director and co-founder of Jersey Road PR & Media Agency
- Mark Jones, partner at MW Solicitors and chair of the Lawyers' Christian Fellowship
- Stephen Mathews, head of accountancy and consultancy services, Stewardship
- Caroline Eade, head of charities, FIEC Practical Services
- Dominic Curran, partner and joint head of faith sector at Anthony Collins solicitors
- Edwina Turner, senior associate, charity law, Anthony Collins solicitors
- Victoria Hordern, head of data privacy, Bates, Wells and Braithwaite
- Emma Dowden-Teale, partner, Bates, Wells and Braithwaite
Marc James will lead us in worship
Topics that will be covered by these expert speakers:
- General Data Protection Regulations - comes into force in May 2018
- Charity governance and the charity commission
- Employment and discrimination law
- Property issues for churches and faith based organisations
- Excellence in finance
- Navigating the Equality Act
- Communications in crisis and calm
Tickets are available on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/above-beyond-tickets-39657279992?aff=es2
Evangelical Alliance team