Sisterhood: Pink October
Oct 1 - 31 | Across London & Surrey & Kent
Lets all get behind Pink October and help raise awareness for Breast Cancer. Globally there are over 1 million new cases of breast cancer diagnosed annually. These are our mothers, sisters, daughters, cousins, neighbours, nurses, teachers, social workers... the women that we do life with every day, every week, every year!
Sisterhood is combining in October to make a difference for women experiencing breast cancer. Whether you run a fundraiser for the one of the "pink organisations" to raise funds for research into finding a cure or support programs; or run a community event to increase awareness in your local neighbourhood or even just be a friend to a neighbour experiencing breast cancer - we want the Sisterhood to combine our strength in a local capacity.
We encourage you to raise money for Cancer Research UK. If many of us contribute to the same cause, the greater the impact we can achieve together
If you are planning a party, here are some tools you might find helpful:
As a Sisterhood we are committed to praying for the needs of those who are suffering. Awareness alone won’t change a life but prayer certainly can. As part of the focus this month we will be praying each week for areas this issue affects.
Pray for those affected by cancer:
• Pray for those affected by cancer: that they receive complete healing
• Pray for those affected by cancer: that they receive a good report
• Pray for those affected by cancer: that they come to know the saving grace and love of Jesus Christ
Pray for the Families:
• Pray for the Families: That they remain strong
• Pray for the Families: That they are surrounded by people that help to make life easier
• Pray for the Families: That they make amazing memories with their loved ones
Pray for the Medical Staff:
• Pray for Medical Staff: That they have wisdom and insight into how to treat their patients
• Pray for Medical Staff: That they can communicate diagnosis with compassion and hope
• Pray for Medical Staff: that the nurses are strengthened as they encounter & help families
• Pray for Medical Staff: For resources to fund organisations that help women fighting cancer.
Pray for the research staff:
• Pray for the research staff: For breakthrough for the medical research teams who are looking for a cure.
• Pray for the research staff: For resources to fund organisations conducting research